My name is Naveed Babar, an Independent IT Expert and researcher. I received my Masters Degree an IT. I live in Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. Buzzwords in my world include: Info tech, Systems, Networks, public/private, identity, context, youth culture, social network sites, social media. I use this blog to express random thoughts about whatever I am thinking.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Faster Way To Shut Down And Log Off Your Windows XP



Are you experiencing slow shutdowns and log offs on your Windows XP, this trick will help you.
Instead of accessing the shutdown menu via Start->Turn Off Computer, open the Task Manager by pressingCtrl+Shift+Esc or Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
Press “Shut Down” at the top of the Task Manager and choose what you want your Windows XP to do:
  • Stand By
  • Hibernate
  • Turn Off
  • Restart
  • Log off
  • Switch User
The task will be performed in a matter of seconds. If you know any other way to do this then don’t forget to write such in a comment.

No comments:

Comments

Search This Blog

Followers